[Rd] R CMD SHLIB error bad value (core2) for -mtune= switch

smzyij smz.yij at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:58:29 CEST 2012

Thank you so much Prof Ripley.

You are right. So instead of using Windows R, I tried to compile binary R
under Cygwin, but it errored out everytime at different places when I tried
different options to configure. So I guess I need to seek other alternate
ways.

Is there any chance you think that I could find Windows C/C++ compilers
(rather than Cygwin compilers) to compile the codes I mentioned that's
written in conjuction with Linux R/C/C++, and then run the codes under
Windows R? Or the only way out here is to spin up a linux machine to have R
installed?

Thanks,

Yi