[Rd] concurrent requests (Rook, but I think the question is more general)

Richard D. Morey r.d.morey at rug.nl
Wed Oct 24 22:35:00 CEST 2012

On 24/10/12 10:07 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Richard D. Morey wrote:
>
>> I'd be fine with the poor man's solution (maybe with tempfile()?) if I can get access to the local file via javascript. But I don't think I can, due to the security limitations of the browser. I may have to rethink this significantly.
>>
> That should be no problem, you can have another R instance serving the monitoring page (or you can use Rserve's HTTP server and have just one instance with arbitrarily many connections as needed).

OK, I'm looking at Rserve. I get the impression that one needs to start
a separate server, so it would be difficult to make this transparent to
a user who installs my package and just wants to do an analysis with a
GUI. It also appears that there is a separate binary install, at least
on Windows, which would mean anyone using my package would need to
install and run something separate. Is that accurate?