[Rd] Retrieving data from aspx pages

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:04:52 CET 2012

On Oct 30, 2012, at 10:44 , R. Michael Weylandt wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> I think this is more of an r-help question so I'm going to forward
> your question there: R-devel is really for the development of R
> itself, not development with R.

Er, no!

R help is (mainly) for helping beginners. We usually put the dividing line where the answers would become incomprehensible to many of the list readers. So compiler issues and internal C code is off-limits there, but I'd say that so is HTML and ASP. So unless there happens to be a precooked package that fits the query exactly, I'd say that it belongs here.

To wit:

"This list is intended for questions and discussion about code development in R. Questions likely to prompt discussion unintelligible to non-programmers or topics that are too technical for R-help's audience should go to R-devel, see the posting guide section."