[Rd] There is pmin and pmax each taking na.rm, how about psum?

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Oct 30 13:13:55 CET 2012

Why don't you make a matrix and use colSums or rowSums?

x = c(1,3,NA,5)
y = c(2,NA,4,1)
colSums(rbind(x, y), na.rm = TRUE)

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey