[Rd] problem with vignettes when S4 classes in packages overlap

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Sep 19 03:44:39 CEST 2012

On 18 September 2012 at 16:50, Spencer Graves wrote:
|        On August 30, 2012, CRAN maintainers rejected the latest version
| of "fda", and I understood them to say it was rejected because the
| current CRAN policy did not accept packages reporting either "Notes" or
| "Warnings".

That is not what the "CRAN Repository Policy" document says:

  * Please ensure that R CMD check --as-cran has been run on the tarball to
    be uploaded before submission. This should be done with the current release
    of R or (preferably) R-devel or R-patched. As “Writing R Extensions” says

       Please ensure that you can run through the complete procedure with
       only warnings that you understand and have reasons not to
       eliminate. In principle, packages must pass R CMD check without
       warnings or significant notes to be admitted to the main CRAN package
       area. If there are warnings or notes you cannot eliminate (for example
       because you believe them to be spurious) send an explanatory note as
       part of your covering email.

Notr the qualifier "significant" in front of notes, so it is not "all notes" as
you imply.

Now, if would of course help if CRAN could specify what "significant notes" were ...

Dirk