[Rd] Rbuildignore question

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:57:48 CEST 2012

On 20/09/2012 1:43 PM, Terry Therneau wrote:
> I'm touching up changes to rpart and have a question with .Rbuildignore.  Here is my file
>
> tmt1014% more .Rbuildignore
> test.local
> \.hg
> src/print_tree.c
>

>    The source code included a module "print_tree.c", used for dubugging.  Commented
> out calls to can be found here and there.  I want to leave it in the source tree
> even though no submitted copy of rpart will use it.
>
>    Even with the ignore line above, R CMD check still compiles it, and gives a "bad
> boy" NOTE about use of printf.  Can I/ should I/ how do I get rid of this?

What do you mean, "leave it in the source tree"?  Since you're telling
build to ignore it, I assume that's just for your own use, not for users
of your package.  And what did you run check on, the tarball or the
directory?  If you ran it on the tarball, then there's something wrong
with your tarball, because it shouldn't be there (you said to ignore
it).  If you're running check on the directory, then ignore the NOTE,
because it shouldn't appear when you run it on the tarball.

Duncan Murdoch