[Rd] question re: error message --- package error: "functionName" not resolved from current namespace

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 10 20:15:32 CEST 2013

On Apr 10, 2013, at 1:53 PM, brian avants wrote:

> hello everyone
>
> we are developing a package that has worked up until R3.0 which we just
> tested.
>
> the issue is as above .... when we call a function that works in R 2.15.2
> from  R 3.0 we get an error
>
> Error in .Call("antsImageRead", filename, pixeltype, dimension) :
>  "antsImageRead" not resolved from current namespace (ANTsR)

I won't answer your question directly but some suggestions:
a) does adding PACKAGE="ANTsR" to .Call change anything? (It should really be there if you are using strings as names)
b) you may want to consider use the more efficient registration - either explicit or in NAMESPACE - so in your case you could use
NAMESPACE: useDynLib(ANTsR, antsImageRead, ...)
foo.R: .Call(antsImageRead, ...)

Cheers,
Simon