[Rd] Patch proposal for R style consistency (concerning deparse.c)

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:05:43 CEST 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 05:39 , Paul Johnson wrote:

> 2 & 3. I want to omit space after if and for.   Since if and for are
> functions in R, not keywords, I suggest that there should not be a
> space before the opening parentheses.

Wrong. They are part of language constructs (and they _are_ keywords, not names, that's why ?for won't work). The function calls are `if`(fee, {foo}, {fie}) and something rebarbative for `for`(....).

Besides, both constructs are harder to read without the spaces.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com