[Rd] R 3.0, Rtools3.0,l Windows7 64-bit, and permission agony

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 18:30:43 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13-04-20 11:09 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

>>> Which is presumably why Rtools doesn't modify the path by default.
>>>
>>> Better solutions (e.g. Rstudio and devtools) temporarily set the path
>>> on when you're calling R CMD *.
>>

>> I am well aware of the various kludges to address this including my
>> own batchfiles ( http://batchfiles.googlecode.com ) which handles this
>> by temporarily changing the path as well; however, the real problem is
>> that Rtools does not play nice with Windows and that needs to be
>> addressed directly.
>

> It has been.  You ignored it.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

If some change to address this has been made that would be great but
there is no mention of it on the Rtools page in the change history
section (the only documented change relates to the png/tiff/jpeg
libraries), there was no announcement that I saw and Rtools\bin still
contains find and sort so what specifically is the change?

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com