[Rd] Publishing my Package on CRAN

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sun Apr 21 06:09:08 CEST 2013

       I recommend CRAN submission.  It can make your work more
available to others, not only by reference from your journal article but
also the reverse:  Giving other R users access to your journal article.
Often, I look for publications with software, because the open source
software makes it easy to understand the algorithm.

       Have you used "sos" and other search tools to check for similar
capabilities in other CRAN packages?  If yes, and if you see another
package that seems quite similar but slightly different, I might write
to the maintainer(s) asking if they would like me to contribute my work
to their package.  I've gotten both acceptance and rejection doing that.

       I can't speak for the CRAN maintainers, but unless policies have
changed and I've missed it, CRAN accepts all contributions provided they
use a standard license like GPL and pass standard tests including "R CMD
check".  Details for how to do this are in the link Henrik provided.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer Graves