[Rd] Problem with S3 method dispatch and NAMESPACE

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Apr 24 05:22:38 CEST 2013

I have updated the rms package to extensively use NAMESPACE.  I cannot get
certain S3 methods to dispatch.  For example I have in NAMESPACE

S3method(anova, rms)
S3method(latex, anova.rms)

anova.rms produces an object of class "anova.rms" and there is a
latex.anova.rms function in rms.  But when I do latex(anova(fit)) I get an
invocation of latex.default.

I have tried using "anova.rms" and `anova.rms` in S3method() to no avail.

Any help appreciated.  I'm using R 2.15.3
Frank

-----
Frank Harrell