[Rd] broken link in docs for Binormial functions

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 20:34:04 CEST 2013

On Aug 10, 2013, at 20:11 , Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> On 10/08/2013 14:48, Sean O'Riordain wrote:
>> On the local documentation page for Binomial, i.e.
>> http://127.0.0.1:xxxx/library/stats/html/Binomial.html
>>
>> The link to Catherine Loader's paper
>> "Catherine Loader (2000). *Fast and Accurate Computation of Binomial
>> Probabilities*; available from
>> http://www.herine.net/stat/software/dbinom.html."
>>
>> appears to be broken.
>
> And what should it be replaced by?  (We've fixed this up at least once before.)
>
> As Berners-Lee says, URIs should be permanent ....

It can be dug up via Google Scholar fairly easily, but the link goes to an attachment to an Octave enhancement request!

Perhaps we should ask permission to nail the thing down somewhere on r-project.org?

-pd

(Berners-Lee et al. never foresaw the chaos created by the commercialization of the web, or indeed of other academic infrastructures. Try locating Catherine herself or even the stats department at CWRU to see what I mean.)

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com