[Rd] Extending suggestion for stopifnot

Brian Rowe rowe at muxspace.com
Tue Aug 20 23:14:26 CEST 2013

If all you care about is emulating static type checking, then you can also accomplish the same thing with lambda.r using type constraints on function definitions.

e.g.
> f(m) %::% matrix : matrix
> f(m) %as% { m }

> f(as.data.frame(matrix(rnorm(12),nrow=3)))
Error in UseFunction("f", ...) : No valid function for 'f(data.frame)'

> f(1)
Error in UseFunction("f", ...) : No valid function for 'f(1)'

<function>
[[1]]
f(m) %::% matrix:matrix
f(m) %as% …