[Rd] legitimate use of :::

Brian Lee Yung Rowe rowe at muxspace.com
Fri Aug 23 00:36:52 CEST 2013

You raise an interesting point that I've mulled over a bit: namespace collisions. How many of these issues would go away if there were a better mechanism for managing namespaces? eg in other languages you can control which objects/modules you wish to import from a library. Under this regime I think package developers would be less concerned about exposing functions that otherwise would be private.