[Rd] ‘:::’ call

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 18:15:26 CEST 2013

I have a package (TSdbi) which provides end user functions that I
export, and several utilities for plugin packages (e.g. TSMySQL) that I
do not export because I do not intend them to be exposed to end users. I
call these from the plugin packages using TSdbi:::  but that now
produces a note in the checks:

* checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
Namespace imported from by a ‘:::’ call: ‘TSdbi’
   See the note in ?`:::` about the use of this operator. :: should be
   used rather than ::: if the function is exported, and a package
   almost never needs to use ::: for its own functions.

Is there a preferred method to accomplish this in a way that does not
produce a note?

Thanks,
Paul