[Rd] Minimum requirements for package submission

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 29 21:15:09 CEST 2013

I had a similar question awhile ago.  Basically, my understanding is
if it is a function, it needs to be documented UNLESS you are calling
it via :::

--j

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Sana Wajid <sat3lite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all, I appreciate your responses. Just a quick follow up
> question: couple of my functions are "background" or "behind the scenes"
> functions. Do these have to be documented in the manual as well?
>

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Geoff Jentry <geoffjentry at hexdump.org>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Ben Bolker wrote:
>>
>>>  It may be suboptimal/there may be better ways, but what I would do in
>>> your situation would be to save the real twitteR results to a .Rdata file
>>> (e.g. put it in inst/vignetteData) and then 'fake' the twitter call: add a
>>> non-eval'd but echo'd chunk that appears to run the command, and an eval'd
>>> but non-echo'd chunk that loads the results of having run the command.
>>>

>> Interesting, I'll look into doing that.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -J

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Assistant Professor
Global Environmental Analysis and Remote Sensing (GEARS) Laboratory
Department of Geography and Geographic Information Science
607 South Mathews Avenue, MC 150
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: 217-300-1924
http://www.geog.illinois.edu/~jgrn/