[Rd] Strategies for keeping autogenerated .Rd files out of a Git tree

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 21:29:24 CET 2013

Btw. one thing that probably would not work (well) with RForge.net (or
another CRAN-like repo), is the multiple branches.

The problem is that you cannot put the branch name in the package
version string, because that is not allowed, and then the versions
from the multiple branches get mixed up. This works fine with
install_github() because you can explicitly specify the branch there.

One possible solution is to create multiple repos, one for each
branch. Not really elegant, though.

I don't really need this myself, I am just saying because it came up
in this thread.

Gabor