[Rd] How to NAMESPACE OS-specific importFrom?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 7 03:33:31 CET 2013

I'd like to importFrom(parallel, mccollect, mcparallel) but on Windows these are
not exported because this

if(tools:::.OStype() == "unix") {
     export(mccollect, mcparallel, mc.reset.stream, mcaffinity)
}

appears at src/library/parallel/NAMESPACE:6 of svn r61857. So should I be doing

if (tools:::.OStype() == "unix") {
     importFrom(parallel, mccollect, mcparallel)
}

in my NAMESPACE? I have a recollection that this has come up before, perhaps
even in the parallel package, but I'm not able to find anything.

Thanks,

Martin Morgan
1100 Fairview Ave. N.
PO Box 19024 Seattle, WA 98109