[Rd] Matrix does not build with R trunk since Oct.

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 15 15:11:01 CET 2013

Somebody else had written separately about this before, and so have I a couple of months ago. I assumed this will be fixed before the next R. Since R 3.0 is supposedly only 6 weeks away, even if it is fixed now it doesn't leave much room for testing.

Anyway neither Matrix 1.0-11 (current) nor 1.0-9 (sept 2012) build with current R trunk.  The  last time it did was 1. 0-9 on 3rd october over 4 months ago. So it appears to be due to change inside r trunk in sept or early oct.

----------------
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) : undefined exports: .M.classEnv
Error : require(Matrix) is not TRUE
ERROR: installing package indices failed
* removing ‘/svn-loc/R/library/Matrix’
* restoring previous ‘/svn-loc/R/library/Matrix’
make[2]: *** [Matrix.ts] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/svn-loc/R/src/library/Recommended'
make[1]: *** [recommended-packages] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/svn-loc/R/src/library/Recommended'
make: *** [stamp-recommended] Error 2