[Rd] Matrix does not build with R trunk since Oct.

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:25:52 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen
<kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I build from svn daily and I have not had this problem.  I build in a
> tree separate from the source tree.
>
> I do think Hin-Tak has a point about clearly specifying that this is
> how you should do it, in the manual (if that has not already
> happened).  As a casual user, I would expect make clean to clean out
> any stale files, but perhaps that is not happening.  Anyway, seems
> more to be a possible documentation problem.

It's already in the R Installation and Administration Manual:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Simple-compilation

See the second-to-last paragraph.  It recommends you do not build in
the top-level source directory, particularly when you work with a
version of R from Subversion.

Best,
Josh

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich