[Rd] Passing R code from webpage

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:01:42 CET 2013

> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 04:27:38 -0800
> From: mehrotra.pulkit at gmail.com
> To: matevzpavlic at gmail.com
> CC: r-devel at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Rd] Passing R code from webpage
>
> hi ,
>
> First of all you should as this question on r-help rather than on r-devel
> as this group deals with development related issues with R.

Well, personally this potentially a rather substantial issue and while methods
may exist to interface R to webservers, it may be worth discussing if there are
any things you could do to R to make it run more easily as an "R" server
so that you need not make a bunch of instance to run in this setting.
If 10 people on the same machine use R, what duplication is there?
Can I launch a background task within R and still work in foreground?
Is there anything anyone could should or wants to change in R to make this
work better here?