[Rd] .print.via.format not found when building r61617?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 13 12:12:02 CET 2013

No on else is having this problem, including the OS X and Windows binary
builds and all the CRAN platforms.

I wondered if something is wrong with your collation: the function is
defined in QC.R and used in admin.R pdftools.R sotools.R, so if admin.R
< QC.R there would be a problem.

You could try setting LC_COLLATE=C in your environment, although the
Makefile does that.

You really haven't shown enough output before the problem so we don't
actually know which phase failed.