[Rd] rpvm arch check

George Ostrouchov ostrouchovg at ornl.gov
Thu Jan 24 16:14:32 CET 2013

Is there a reason that you choose to use PVM rather than MPI? MPI is the
current standard and PVM is no longer supported. There are R packages
pbdMPI and Rmpi that use MPI. There is also additional infrastructure
for SPMD style programming in other pbd packages on CRAN.

The best instructions on installing MPI on a Mac are at
https://sites.google.com/site/dwhipp/tutorials/installing-open-mpi-on-mac-os-x
Note that you might need to install Xcode and GNU compilers beforehand.

George