[Rd] should the text for RIGHT_ASSIGN be -> in getParseData()?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Jul 6 00:55:02 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM, peter dalgaard <pdalgd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used in with multi-line input, occasionally, though. As in
>
> replicate(10000, {
>    ysim <- rbinom(length(p), n, p)
>    glm(cbind(ysim, n - ysim) ~ x, binomial)$deviance
> })
>
> ... and then you realize that you probably don't want to look at 10000 simulated deviances and add "-> simDev".

 Yes, that's kinda cute, but then you realise you don't want to have
to type all that again and it would really be better off in a
function. Can you do something like:

replicate(10000,{
  ysim <- rbinom(length(p), n, p)
glm(cbind(ysim, n - ysim) ~ x, binomial)$deviance
}) -> function()...

 - I don't think so. Once you've started typing, the only way to get
it into a function is going to involve sticking function() at the
start, at which point you can add the foo <-

I guess this is the point where Dirk gets upset and calls me a troll.
I'll shut up. You've convinced me its mostly harmless.

Barry