[Rd] Problem in linking a library in R package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jun 17 13:44:11 CEST 2013

On 16 June 2013 at 21:01, Gaurav Sehrawat wrote:
| 1.I have a library fpmpi . I made the shared library fpmpi.so from this
| library.I am using ubuntu .
|
| 2.Now, I want to use in my R package .My R package has src folder the there
| is makevars.in file

[...]

| where do i define the shared library path in it. And how would i
| verify it has been loaded. The library is dynamic i have check using
| ldd fpmpi.so

R does that at the end of the 'R CMD INSTALL pkg' command.  If R does not
complain, it worked.

You seem to have lifted extensively from the existing package "pdbMPI". It
would be preferabl if you could adjust its logging output (eg via configure)
to refer to your package.

There are many other MPI-using packages on CRAN you could study too.

Dirk