[Rd] Perplexed with environment

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Tue Jun 25 13:04:06 CEST 2013

Hi

I migrated from Linux to Mac, but I don't this has anything to do with
it, but I am not sure.

I am writing a small logger package, in which I have a file

aaa.R:
,----
|  .logData <- new.env()
|   assign("loggingThreshold", 10, envir = .logData)
|   assign("logToFile", FALSE, envir = .logData)
|   assign("logFileName", NULL, envir = .logData)
|
|   assign("logToConsole", TRUE, envir = .logData)
|   ##
|   assign("logHeaderLevel", 0, envir = .logData)
|   assign("logHeader", "", envir = .logData)
|   assign("logHeaderClock", "", envir = .logData)
|   assign("timeFormat", "", envir = .logData)
`----
to initialize some logging parameter.

When I load my package, everything looks fine, only that the environment
logger:::.logData is (nearly) empty:

,----
| > library(logger)
| > ls(envir=logger:::.logData, all.names=TRUE)
| [1] ".logHeader"      ".logHeaderClock" ".logHeaderLevel"
`----

I assume I am doing something really basic wrong?

A copy of the package is available at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv6abepcczrljum/logger_0.0-1.tar.gz

Thanks,

Rainer

PS: I am planning to making it available when it is working (again)

--
Rainer M. Krug

email: RMKrug<at>gmail<dot>com