[Rd] pretty eerie feeling: Google "down", Twitter "down", R sites up

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jun 27 18:26:23 CEST 2013

On Jun 27, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Maybe this is just from inside ETH Zurich,
> but I haven't seen this before in many years:
> for > 15 minutes now, for me and at least someone else here,
>
> - Google (incl. Gmail, calendar..) is entirely unreachable
> - Twitter is "connecting" and is not reached (in the browser),
>
> - three major Swiss news(paper) websites (20min, TA, NZZ) are out
>  of reach,
>
> but  "of course" the ETH web sites are fine for me (but I'm inside ETH)
> and notably,
>
>  www.r-project.org ,
>  bugs.r-project.org,
>  cran.r-project.org
>  developer.r-project.org
>  svn.r-project.org
>
> are all fine and up... an eerie feeling indeed.
>
> Martin

Martin,

No problems for me accessing either Google or Twitter. The Twitter Status page:

  http://twitterstatus.tumblr.com/

is not showing anything nor is the Twitter Support account:

  https://twitter.com/Support

That being said, I just got your post, almost an hour after you sent it...according to the e-mail headers, the bulk of the delay was within the ETHZ domain, between phil2.ethz.ch and hypatia.math.ethz.ch.

Regards,

Marc