[Rd] [BioC] enabling reproducible research & R package management & install.package.version & BiocLite

Dr Gregory Jefferis jefferis at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 15:49:44 CET 2013

On 5 Mar 2013, at 14:36, Cook, Malcolm wrote:

> So, even if I wanted to go where dragons lurked, it would not be
> possible to cobble a version of biocLite that installed specific
> versions of software.
>
> Thus, I might rather consider an approach that at 'publish' time
> tarzips up a copy of the R package dependencies based on a config file
> defined from sessionInfo and caches it in the project directory.
>
> Then when/if the project is revisited (and found to produce differnt
> results under current R enviRonment),  I can "simply" install an old R
> (oops, I guess I'd have to build it), and then un-tarzip the
> dependencies into the projects own R/Library which I would put on
> .libpaths.

Sounds a little like this:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rbundler/index.html

(which I haven't tested). Best,

Greg.

--
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF CONTACT DETAILS FROM MON 4TH MARCH:

Gregory Jefferis, PhD                   Tel: 01223 267048
Division of Neurobiology
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue
Cambridge Biomedical Campus