[Rd] [BioC] enabling reproducible research & R package management & install.package.version & BiocLite

Wed Mar 6 00:04:16 CET 2013

Hi Paul,

You outline some great suggestions!

I just wanted to point that in this case:

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Paul Gilbert <pgilbert902 at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Regarding NFS mounts, it is relatively robust. There can be occasional
> problems, especially for users that have a habit of keeping an R session
> open for days at a time and using site-library-fresh packages. In my
> experience this did not happen often enough to worry about a "blackout
> period".

if users have a habit of working like this, they could also create an
R-library directory under their home directory, and put this library
path at the front of their .libPaths() so the continually updated
"fresh" stuff won't affect them.

Just wanted to point that out as I really like your general approach
you've outlined, and just wanted to point out that there's an easy
work around in case someone else tries to institute such a regime but
is getting friction due to that point in particular.

Good stuff, though .. thanks for sharing that!

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou