[Rd] [BioC] enabling reproducible research & R package management & install.package.version & BiocLite

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Wed Mar 6 19:17:52 CET 2013

Thanks David, I've looked into them both a bit, and I don't think the provide an approach for R (or Perl, for that matter) library management, which is the wicket I'm trying to get less sticky now.

They could be useful to manage the various installations of version of R and analysis files (we're talking allot of NextGenSequencing, so, bowtie, tophat, and friends) quite nicely similarly in service of an approach to enabling reproducible results.

THanks for you thoughts, and, if you know of others similar to dotkit/modules I'd be keen to here of them.

~Malcolm