[Rd] question on why Rigroup package moved to Archive on CRAN

Kevin Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 10 16:54:10 CET 2013

Sorry if you considered this a waste of bandwidth.  I did not know CRAN had its own mailing list.  The reason I never responded to any mail is that I never received any message in January  (I searched my inbox for it and found nothing).   It probably was stripped out by the sympatico mail server as spam.

The reason I asked here was that my package seemed to pass all tests on the current version and I was honestly confused as to why it was removed.   In addition, I thought others in a similar situation may benefit.   Years ago people here were quite helpful when I first designed the package (and from the responses many still are).  My question was not meant as an attack on you or your processes, it was honest confusion as to why it was removed.

Kevin