[Rd] preparing for R 3.0.0

Richard D. Morey r.d.morey at rug.nl
Tue Mar 19 15:41:21 CET 2013

I am preparing my package for the release of R 3.0.0 and thinking about the suggestion (from Duncan Murdoch) to maintain two versions of the package temporarily. Since my package contains knitr-compiled vignettes, I need to restrict it to 3.0.0 going forward. I'd like to submit a final version for 2.x that will not be updated but compiles the vignettes in the old manner; and a version for 3.x. My thought is that they will have the same version number, with the only difference being how the vignette is compiled and the DESCRIPTION files.

Is it possible that they have the same version number; or, should I send two updates simultaneously with successive version numbers, flagging one as restricted to R >3.0.0?

Thanks,
Richard