[Rd] Rd.sty not found

Lori Shepherd las65 at buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 25 17:27:31 CET 2013

I'm trying to build and check a new package. But keep getting the
warning:

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.

When I go into the package.Rcheck directory,
package-manual.pdf is created.
however if I do a pdflatex on package.tex I get the following:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./dbEmpLikeNorm-manual.tex
LaTeX2e <2011/06/27>
Babel <v3.8m> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang,
nohyphenation, ge
rman-x-2012-05-30, ngerman-x-2012-05-30, afrikaans, ancientgreek,
ibycus, arabi
c, armenian, basque, bulgarian, catalan, pinyin, coptic, croatian,
czech, danis
h, dutch, ukenglish, usenglishmax, esperanto, estonian, ethiopic, farsi,
finnis
h, french, friulan, galician, german, ngerman, swissgerman, monogreek,
greek, h
ungarian, icelandic, assamese, bengali, gujarati, hindi, kannada,
malayalam, ma
rathi, oriya, panjabi, tamil, telugu, indonesian, interlingua, irish,
italian,
kurmanji, latin, latvian, lithuanian, mongolian, mongolianlmc, bokmal,
nynorsk,
 polish, portuguese, romanian, romansh, russian, sanskrit, serbian,
serbianc, s
lovak, slovenian, spanish, swedish, turkish, turkmen, ukrainian,
uppersorbian,
welsh, loaded.

(/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/book.cls
Document Class: book 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/bk10.clo))

! LaTeX Error: File `Rd.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.4 \usepackage
               {makeidx}^^M
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

How do I fix this? I have never had this problem when building or
checking packages before?

Also of note: I notice that the pacakge-Ex.R and package-Ex.Rout run
without error  but the package-Ex.pdf is empty and there is no
associated package-Ex.tex to look at.

Lori