[Rd] Segmentation fault on Python+Rpy2+R

cuiyan cuiyan at tjutcm.edu.cn
Tue May 14 03:16:24 CEST 2013

Hi, everyone
I met a trouble, not only about R, but Python+RPy2+R
When I run "from rpy2 import robjects" or other packages/codes,
I receive "Segmentation Fault" inevitably like this:

linux-yhwx:/ # python
Python 2.7.2 (default, Aug 19 2011, 20:41:43) [GCC] on linux2
>>> import rpy2
>>> rpy2.__version__
'2.2.2'
>>> import rpy2.tests
Segmentation fault
linux-yhwx:/ #

My OS on cluster is Suse family (not ubuntu or other linuxes),
R is 2.15.2-devel
Python 2.7.2 and RPy 2.2.2 as described above.

Where can I find how this happens or deal with this segment fault?