[Rd] R-3.0.1 - "transient" make check failure in splines-EX.r

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu May 30 16:50:45 CEST 2013

>> identical(ns(x, df = 2), ns(x, df = 2, knots = NULL))
> [1] FALSE
>> identical(ns(x, df = 2), ns(x, df = 2, knots = NULL))
> [1] TRUE

If you used a function like
   identicalOrReturnInputs <- function(x, y) {
      if (identical(x, y)) {
          TRUE
     } else {
          list(x=x, y=y)
     }
  }
instead of just identical() you could see what sort of differences you are getting.
(Put it in an lapply call and later collect all the non-TRUE results.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com