[Rd] Byte code compile not helpful in R3.0.2

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Sun Nov 3 20:15:40 CET 2013

I had a bunch of examples of byte code compiles in something I was
writing. Changed to 3.0.2 and the advantage of compiler disappears. I've
looked in the NEWS file but do not see anything that suggests that the
compile is now built-in. Possibly I've just happened on a bunch of
examples where it does not help, but experiences of a year ago do not
seem to remain valid now. Just wondering if my experience was consistent
with what is expected now in 3.0.2.

John Nash