[Rd] R 3.1.0 and C++11

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Mon Nov 4 10:25:53 CET 2013

Le 03/11/2013 22:45, Michael Kane a écrit :
> I'd like to echo Whit's sentiment and hopefully warm up this thread.
> C++11's new features and functionality give R users low-level tools (like
> threads, mutexes, futures, date-time, and atomic types) that work across
> platforms and wouldn't require other external libraries like boost.

+1

portability is really important. One of the points is that by giving
means to assume a certain standard, we can write more portable code.

There has been lots of discussion about Boost.Thread, etc ... no need
for that if you have C++11.

> Romain, will you be taking pull requests?

Yes. Definitely. I will carefully review them.
Can give you write access too.

I'm getting a good feel of what C++11 brings while developping Rcpp11.
But I think it makes a lot of sense to write such an article with other
people as well.

Romain

--
Romain Francois