[Rd] Blank lines in DESCRIPTION

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Nov 27 05:06:24 CET 2013

Laurent,

blank lines between records are not allowed in DESCRIPTION, because they separate paragraphs in DCF and a package must consist of a single paragraph. This properly is used by R for multi-package DCF files where each paragraph defines one package. Blank lines at the end may be tolerated, because there is no second paragraph in that case. If you look at the commit you quote (r60495), it specifically adds an error if there is more than one paragraph.

Cheers,
Simon