[Rd] Checking packages with address sanitizer

wokai wolfgang.kaisers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 18:36:44 CET 2013

I was recently challenged to correct my package source (rbamtools) because
there were issues reported by address sanitizer.
Therefore the problem of installing and running instrumented (R +) package
code arises.

Regrettably up to now, I found no way to use the address sanitizer, neither
for a small C-example nor for a new compiled version of R.
I get missing `__asan_report_store4' or `__asan_report_load4' messages.

I'm working on Ubuntu 13.10 and tried gcc (4.8.1) and clang (3.2-7ubuntu1,
based on LLVM 3.2).

Does anyone have experiance with address sanitizer (especially with a self
compiled R-version which is not in the standard location on the system)?

Thanks in advance
Wolfgang