[Rd] inflate zlib compressed data using base R or CRAN package?

Dr Gregory Jefferis jefferis at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 15:37:19 CET 2013

Dear Murray,

On 28 Nov 2013, at 1:30, Murray Stokely wrote:

> I think none of these examples describe a zlib compressed data block
> inside
> a binary file that the OP asked about, as all of your examples are
> e.g.
> prepending gzip or zip headers.
>
> Greg, is memDecompress what you are looking for?

Yes, so long as one explicitly specifies type='gzip' - even though it
isn't! I'm not sure I would have guessed it from the help. Thank you!

Best,

Greg.

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD                   Tel: 01223 267048
Division of Neurobiology

http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/group-leaders/h-to-m/g-jefferis
http://jefferislab.org
http://flybrain.stanford.edu