[Rd] user defined macros in Rd files

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Oct 10 01:54:49 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Yihui Xie <xie at yihui.name> wrote:
> I mean, it sounds like a better idea to define \CRANpkg only once in
> one central place, and use it in base R, instead of defining it in
> every single Rd file, because it seems to be generally useful (is 91 a
> large number? maybe).
>
> Similarly, when it comes to an add-on package, it will be nice if the
> package author can define these macros in one place, and use them in
> his/her package.
>
> When we have to copy and paste a macro 91 times, it seems to have
> defeated the purpose of a macro.

On my related wishlist: A standardized mechanism to 'R CMD build' for
building man/*.Rd from any input format (e.g. roxygen and so on)
analogously how we can now build vignettes of any input format.  With
that in place, it would a be piece of cake to include macros from
external files.

Just wanted to throw it out there.

/Henrik