[Rd] Possible tweak to R intro - was RE: [R] Subseting a data.frame -

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Oct 18 16:12:41 CEST 2013

Transferred from R-help:
>> From: S Ellison
>> Subsetting using subset() is perhaps the most natural way of
>> subsetting data frames; perhaps a line or two and an example could
>> usefully be included in the 'Working with data frames' section of the R
>> Intro?
>
> From: Bert Gunter [mailto:gunter.berton at gene.com]
> The R Intro Manual was largely or entirely the work of Bill Venables
> some years ago. So it is not really a part of R's maintained document
> system and has thus not been kept up to date with changes like the
> convenience function, subset(), which is basically a wrapper for "[]"
> .
>
> This is not to say that your suggestion is not worthwhile, only to
> explain why it probably won't be acted upon.

It's trivial enough that I could offer a 3-line patch if someone has time and inclination to add it...

S Ellison

This email and any attachments are confidential. Any use, copying or
disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If
immediately via +44(0)20 8943 7000 or notify postmaster at lgcgroup.com
and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network.
LGC Limited. Registered in England 2991879.
Registered office: Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LY, UK