[Rd] directives to explicitely exclude objects from import into namespaces

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 21:50:51 CEST 2013

It's difficult to do by hand, but it's not too hard to automate - take
a look at https://github.com/hadley/roxygen3/blob/master/R/auto-imports.r.
It's part of roxygen3, but the code is relatively straighforward and
doesn't depend on much else in the package.

Hadley

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Ulrike Grömping <groemping at bht-berlin.de> wrote:
> I also second Peter's proposal. I think that it is particularly helpful to
> save time for maintainers of packages that were developed a longer time ago.
> When writing new packages, it is relatively easy to keep track of which
> functions from which packages need to be imported; when maintaining older
> code, working this out can be a lot of work.
>
> Best, Ulrike
>

> --

Chief Scientist, RStudio
http://had.co.nz/