[Rd] missing documentation entries ... WARNING

Luis Rodríguez wheezito at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 21:23:00 CEST 2013

Dear R-devel,

I am a relative novice in R, but I am eager to post a new package my group developed in CRAN, but I am stumped by a set of documentation related warnings created by R CMD check.

So, my current plan is to recreate the documentation by religiously applying and modifying the skeleton codes that can be generated by R. In the meantime, I thought I'd post to the discussion group to see if maybe someone with more experience had some useful advice. Below you'll see a snippet of the key documentation warnings that we are stumped on.

lagSelect and mod are functions created by my group, as is commcorrelogram. My belief is that they are clearly documented, but I suspect that our novice source code and documentation is not quite hitting what R CMD check is looking for.

If anyone has advice on how to pass R CMD check, it would be greatly appreciated.

~luis

***
* checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING
Undocumented code objects:
  ‘lagSelect’ ‘mod’
Undocumented S4 classes:
  ‘commcorrelogram’
Undocumented S4 methods:
  generic 'mod' and siglist 'commcorrelogram'
  generic 'plot' and siglist 'commcorrelogram,missing'

***