[Rd] Importing packages in Depend

Benjamin Hofner benjamin.hofner at fau.de
Thu Sep 12 15:49:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am currently preparing a new version of my package papeR. When I run R CMD
check using the development version of R I get the following note:

Package in Depends field not imported from: ‘nlme’, ‘lme4’, ‘survival’
  These packages needs to imported from for the case when
  this namespace is loaded but not attached.

I now have problems to fix this issue. It is easy to get rid of two of the
three package warnings by using

import(lme4)
import(survival)

in my NAMESPACE. Yet, I cannot import nlme as I then get the following
warnings:

Warning: replacing previous import ‘VarCorr’ when loading ‘lme4’
Warning: replacing previous import ‘lmList’ when loading ‘lme4’

I know that nlme is imported in lme4 but I cannot import both at the same
time. Can anyone help me here? I do *not* want or can use importFrom as I
rely on multiple functions and also rely on non-exported methods such as
summary.lme().

Thanks and all the best,
Benjamin