[Rd] strange behavior for RcmdrPlugin.qual

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 17 03:01:09 CEST 2013

Dear Erin,

I noticed that your RcmdrPlugin.qual package declares qcc under Suggests, and thus qcc isn't necessarily installed along with the plug-in. The menu file for your plug-in requires the presence of qcc to install most of the menu items under the Quality Control menu.

I installed your plug-in via install.packages() on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine, with R 3.0-1 and Rcmdr 2.0-0. When I first loaded the plug-in, both in 64-bit and 32-bit Windows, most of the items under the Quality Control menu didn't appear, because qcc wasn't installed. The menu itself, along with a couple of items, did appear, and so this may not be the same problem as you described. Also, I don't have a 32-bit machine but, as I said, saw identical behaviour under 32- and 64-bit R on a 64-bit machine.

I hope this helps,
 John