[Rd] type.convert and doubles

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:59:16 CEST 2014

On 17/04/2014 9:42 AM, McGehee, Robert wrote:
> Hi,
> As Greg suggested, this new feature in type.convert certainly did surprise one user (me), enough so that I had to downgrade back to 3.0.3 until our code was modified to handle the new behavior.

I don't have an opinion on this particular change, but one way to avoid
surprises like this is to test releases when they become available.  For
3.1.0, the alpha became available on March 13.

If you are especially eager, you can follow the news feed at
http://developer.r-project.org/blosxom.cgi/R-devel/NEWS.  This
particular change was announced there more than a year ago
(http://developer.r-project.org/blosxom.cgi/R-devel/NEWS/2013/03/19),
and has shown up several times since as minor edits have been made to
the announcement.

Duncan Murdoch