[Rd] Please make Pre-3.1 read.csv (type.convert) behavior available

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 00:59:54 CEST 2014

On 26/04/2014, 6:40 PM, Tom Kraljevic wrote:

> Hi Duncan,
>

> This program and output should answer your question regarding java behavior.
>
> Basically the character toHexString() representation is shown to be
> lossless for this
> example (in Java).
>
> Please let me know if there is any way I can help further.  I’d love for
> this to work!
> I would be happy to put all this into an R bug report if that is
> convenient for you.

This one has enough attention already that I don't think it will get
lost, so no more bug reports are necessary.  Martin Maechler (on another
thread) is describing some changes that should address this.  It would
be really helpful if you tested it on your examples after he commits his
changes.

Duncan Murdoch