[Rd] How to (appropropriately) use require in a package?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 08:47:33 CEST 2014

The safe, elegant way to do this is to use namespace scoping: it is
still not at all clear why 'other code' needs PkgB *on the search path*.

In other cases seen in CRAN submissions, 'other code' has been in PkgA's
namespace, and hence things in PkgB's exports have been visible as it
was imported by PkgA and hence in the environment tree for functions in
PkgA.  Then namespace scoping will ensure that PkgB's namespace is
loaded on the cluster workers.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk