[Rd] Compilation problems

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:15:36 CEST 2014

On 11 Aug 2014, at 16:49 , peter dalgaard <pdalgd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 Aug 2014, at 15:46 , André Z. D. A. <andrezda10 at yandex.com> wrote:
>
>> No, Peter, I have the "(2014-07-10, Sock it to Me) R-3.1.1.tar.gz" source. Thanks for pointing it. So (I hope) it should be ok. Right?
>
> Not unlikely. (I goofed and thought that it only affected the development version.)
>
> Check
>
> kpsewhich inconsolata.sty
>
> if it is found, and zi4.sty is not, then it should be fixed by an upcoming patch release.

... and for a quick fix, edit the configure script. There is a section looking like this

if test -n "${KPSEWHICH}"; then
  ${KPSEWHICH} zi4.sty > /dev/null
  if test $? -eq 0; then
     { $as_echo "$as_me:${as_lineno-$LINENO}: result: found zi4.sty" >&5
$as_echo "found zi4.sty" >&6; }
  else
    ${KPSEWHICH} inconsolata.sty > /dev/null
    if test $? -ne 0; then
      { $as_echo "$as_me:${as_lineno-$LINENO}: result: found inconsolata.sty" >&5

(Search for "incons" and you'll get there.)

Change the -ne in the penultimate line to -eq and rerun configure. This isn't the correct fix because configure is autogenerated from other files, but it should get you going.

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501